Monday, January 6, 2014

With The Outer World Feeling Like 3 Degrees North Texas Gets A Wind Chill Advisory

With the outer world being chilled to 13 degrees this morning, soon after the sun arrived, with a wind blowing from the Northwest making that 13 degrees really feel like 3 degrees, I decided I really did not need a hot tub hydrotherapy session this morning.

I am fairly certain this is the coldest snap since I have been in Texas and one of the coldest snaps I have ever experienced.

I recollect, decades ago, returning to Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington, after Christmas break and upon exiting the freeway soon seeing a bank temperature sign reading -17 degrees.

That -17 degrees may have been the coldest I've ever experienced. I am not remembering anything colder.

A few minutes ago I heard, on the radio, that we are being advised to cut back on electricity use today so that the need for rolling blackouts does not occur.

So, I have my furnace set to 68 degrees.

I am thinking it might be fun to have myself a mighty fine time today getting real chilly hiking the Tandy Hills.

Perhaps Tandy Falls is frozen into an icicle.

I do not remember when last I laid my eyes upon a frozen waterfall.

I do know I will not be driving to the Coyote Drive-In to go ice skating at Panther Island Ice, because two weeks in to winter Panther Island Ice has closed.

Right when Mother Nature starts providing natural ice, Panther Island Ice shuts down.

Is this some sort of metaphor for the entire Trinity River Vision Boondoggle? I suspect so....

No comments: