Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Escaping PDFs By Taking An Un-Natural Walk With Arlington's Village Creek Indian Ghosts

I had myself a sub-freezing hot tub hydrotherapy session this morning which proved to be more therapeutic than is the norm. If I remember right the outer world was heated to 21 degrees at that point in time.

After the hydrotherapy session my thinking synapses had themselves a tiring workout, thanks to 28 PDFs I had delivered to me yesterday. 28 PDFs that need to be converted in to 28 web pages. And then the 28 web pages have to be converted back into 28 PDFs, then added to an existing catalog of PDFs before being stuck on a thumbdrive, all due to be done before a Trade Show next month in Houston.

If Elsie Hotpepper is reading this Elsie is likely empathizing with my degree of pain due to Elsie knowing better than anyone my extreme aversion to PDFs.

So, needing a break from the PDFs, combined with the fact I'd not visited the Village Creek Indian ghosts in what seems like a long time, combined with the fact I needed milk, a product easily acquired near where the Indian ghosts do their haunting, at ALDI, I drove to Arlington to the Village Creek Natural Historical Area to have myself a mighty fine time enjoying the mighty brisk air.

I may have wondered about it before, but today it seemed like a fresh wonderment when I wondered  why this particular Arlington park has the word "Natural" attached to it.

The "Historical" part of the name, that I get, due to the fact that this park was the location of one of the largest Indian villages in North America, before incoming Texans used a primitive version of eminent domain abuse to evict the inhabitants.

But why "Natural"?

In the above photo you can see two things which are not "Natural". That being the paved trail and the power line poles. A large swatch of the "Natural" area is taken up by power lines. Power lines are not all that "Natural". Or so it seems to me.

There are other un-natural things in this "Natural" area.  Such as big cement blocks sticking out of the ground in a couple locations which vent some way too natural odors from the sewer pipeline which runs under the "Natural" area.

Then there is the Village Creek Blue Bayou overlook. I like the overlook, but it is not very "Natural" what with being made with some sort of plastic product made to look like wood.

Anyway, I enjoy my walks in the Village Creek Natural Historical Area, even though some of what I see is not very "Natural".

And now it is time for lunch. Pizza. From ALDI.

No comments: