Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Almost Going Over A Cliff In Gateway Park The Day Before The 4th Of July

Those are my handlebars, once again, high above the Trinity River in Fort Worth's Gateway Park, not quite going over a cliff, on this Wednesday day before the 4th day of July.

Tomorrow, for the 4th of July, all I am certain that I am doing is making chicken tacos.

There has been some talk, today, about me attending the FW 4th, viewing the festivities from the air-conditioned VIP tent.

How do you air-condition a tent, I can not help but wonder?

Twice, since I have been in Texas, I have watched a 4th of July parade. Those being the Arlington 4th of July Parade and the Granbury 4th of July Parade.

Texas small towns put on parades the likes of which I never saw when I lived in Washington. In both the Arlington and Granbury 4th of July Parades the town's high schools participated. The high school bands marched, the cheerleaders cheered, the football teams rode floats.

Unless it has changed since I last saw Sedro-Woolley, Washington's 4th of July Parade, there will be little involvement by the local  schools.

The biggest problem  I have had with watching a Texas 4th of July Parade has been the fact that the temperature is a bit warm. With little shade.

No comments: