Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tubing The Trinity River Vision Boondoggle Photo Booth Wondering How Did They Get That Brown Water So Blue

Incoming, just in, from Eunice Lovers, my Trinity River Vision Boondoggle insider spy.

Apparently the TRVB, that is the acronym for Trinity River Vision Boondoggle, I probably did not need to explain that, anyway, the TRVB people have been setting up a booth at various Tarrant County venues, like the Main Street Arts Festival and Mayfest, but shockingly not at the Prairie Fest.

In this booth you can get your picture taken whilst looking as if you are floating in the Trinity River on an inner tube.

This seemed, to me, to be so over the top ridiculous that I though Eunice might be making it up, faking the image, just to have fun with me.

However, Eunice also mentioned that TRVB was posting photos of people on the tubes on the TRVB Facebook page.

And sure enough, there are a lot of them.

The TRVB propaganda that is selling the idea that the Trinity River is a recreational venue is being so effective it has almost convinced me that I want to stick my inflatable kayak in the river.

Is there any mechanism where the feds intervene when an area of the country has obviously gone insane? If there is, I think it is time to employ that mechanism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a river that's 90 percent sewage effluent in the summer...I love the pic of the little girl. Hope she didn't die.

Anonymous and proud of it

Steve A said...

My theory about the blue water - dye! And not purple dye.