Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Last Day Of May Thinking About The Most Notable Graduate Of Wink High School

You are looking through the bars of my patio prison cell on the morning of the last day of May, the day after a memorable Memorial Day.

I currently am in non air conditioned comfort due to the windows being open because it is only 74 degrees in the outer world in my vicinity. Heading to a scheduled high today of 92.

I think some allergens or other pollutants must be blowing in the wind today because I am having some eye irritant issues, along with sneezing bouts.

Yesterday, being in a Memorial Day mood, I remembered where I went to high school and blogged about it.

Does every high school in America have a Wikipedia entry? Just a second, while I Google. Yes, Wink High School is in Wikipedia. This would seem to indicate every high school in America is in Wikipedia. I picked Wink to test this theory because Wink High School is really really small.

In the Wikipedia article about my high school Wikipedia listed 6 notable graduates. The Wikipedia article about Wink High School listed only one notable graduate. Someone named Garland Franklin. The article did not say why this Franklin person was notable.

And on that note, it is time for my morning swim.

1 comment:

Gar said...

Roy Orbison graduated from Wink High School in 1954. I believe they honor him every year even though no one at the school liked him while he attended. Strange people out there in Wink.