Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Grapes Of The Tandy Hills Vineyard & Re-Tweeting In Texas

I'm having one of those way too frequent days where I feel technically challenged.

I get an email newsletter from something called WebProNews. Today WebProNews told me there were 8 reasons I need to stop ignoring Twitter.

Reason #4 mentioned the value of Re-Tweeting. I have had people Re-Tweet me, but I've never Re-Tweeted anyone. Today I tried to Re-Tweet, but could not figure it out, hence the feeling of being technically challenged.

Then someone, whom I basically consider to be challenged by all things technical, told me he Re-Tweets all the time. That it is real easy to Re-Tweet. I had had enough.

So, I got out of here and headed to the Tandy Hills Natural Sanatorium Area.

It is an absolutely perfect November day, here in Texas. 70 degrees, a slight wind blowing, windows open. It was 60 when I went swimming this morning. It's like summer is returning.

The autumn leaves are really amping up the color show. I'm thinking conditions are perfect for a technicolor display that outdoes last fall's incredible colors. Today, as I drove along, I saw a tree that glowed incandescent shades of bright orange and yellow.

New to the Tandy Hills today, well new to me, were bushes with what looked like grape clusters. I was tempted to taste one, but what little common sense I possess, kicked in, and I decided against it. If they were edible, birds would be having a buffet. Nothing seemed to be eating the Tandy Hills grapes.

After I'd had enough of hiking through a Fort Worth vineyard I went to Town Talk. Saturday is my favorite day to go there. It's the busiest day. And the only day that always has a Fort Wort Gestapo Agent armed and guarding. I've no idea what has happened, on Saturday's previous, that brings about the need for a police presence.

Today I got 2 huge containers of hummus. I'm now on my 5th container of that Middle Eastern delicacy. Best I've ever had. 2 for $3. What a deal.

I guess I'll see if I can figure out Re-Tweeting. I like pointless time wasting. Apparently there is something called Twirl that can help.

2 comments:

TxMoose said...

Try HootSuite it is a awesome twitter tool.

Anonymous said...

Them look like Chinese Privet berries to me. The bane of my existence!