Saturday, January 10, 2009

Importing Ham From Arizona To Texas

My Mom & Dad brought me so much stuff from Arizona that I could open a small grocery store. I've got boxes of grapefruits, lemons, oranges. And jam. And a ham that is bigger than the last turkey I cooked.

I was barely able to fit the giant ham into my turkey cooking pan this morning. The ham is now in the oven, slowly getting warmed up, so it'll be fit for consumption in a few hours.

Between now and then, I'm planning on going on a hike somewhere. I've not done that since last Saturday. I took Sunday off, Monday it rained and Mom & Dad arrived, which put me in driving mode for aerobic exercise.

As soon as Mom & Dad left it got cold again. We got down to freezing last night. It is only 35 right now, with less than an hour to go before noon. And it is windy. With gusts to around 30, which makes the Wind Chill Factor making it feel like 30 out there.

When people don't have anything else to talk about they talk about the weather. So, I'll shut up. For now.

No comments: