Sunday, January 11, 2009

Fort Worth Susan Has Solved The Fort Worth Mystery

This blog gets some interesting comments. I particularly enjoyed two I got this morning from "susan-n-ftwrth."

Susan's first comment was in response to a blogging I wrote that I called "Fort Worth: A Paradox". I spew out so many of these things I didn't remember what the Fort Worth Paradox was til I looked. Sad thing is, apparently my memory is getting really bad, because I wrote Fort Worth: A Paradox only 10 days ago.

Well, I have to admit that Susan has come up with a unique theory, that had not occurred to me, that explains why much is so goofy here. Too much booze.

So, here is Susan's first comment. It will be followed by her second.

Fort Worth is only one of the best in the nation thru the eyes of the drunkards that live here. I believe that if Tarrant County, as a whole, would stop promoting alcohol everywhere you go here (even children's ballgames and at Six Flags where the drunks have to drive their kids home) that maybe people's minds would have time to clear and see the place as it really is.

Ugly-Corrupt-Behind the Times-Bigoted-Small Minded-Back Stabbing.

But as long as nothing is done about the huge amount of alcohol that is consumed here on a daily basis, the people will not have the inclination nor the money to travel to other parts of this great nation.

I believe this is exactly what "the powers that be" want from the citizens of Tarrant County and beyond. "Keep them drunk or hungover and they will never question our behavior."

I am sure that many of you will want to tell me to go kill myself or go #$@# myself, but save your bad little breath. I've heard it before and don't care.

Susan's 2nd comment was in regards to a blogging I wrote the 2nd day of the new year, called "Texas Insomnia & Other Woes". The comment confused me, because I didn't remember ever verbalizing, on this blog, my amazement regarding the fuss made over the peaches from Parker County. I long ago, somewhat, verbalized my opinion regarding the mediocre peaches, on my Eyes on Texas website, in a webpage about the Parker County Peach Festival.

Anyway, here is what Susan said....

I love the fruit that comes from Washington & Oregon. It takes 3 or 4 Parker County peaches to even come close to the size of a peach from the northwest. And the flavor cannot be matched!

So totally true. I remember my shock the first time I tasted a Parker County Peach after enduring all the hype about them being special. Bland and pretty much flavorless. Washington peaches ooze peach flavor. Blindfolded I don't think I could tell a Parker County Peach was a peach. I miss fresh Washington fruit. I still can be appalled and amazed when I see blackberries for sale here. 3 or 4 bucks for a teeny carton of blackberries. In the northwest blackberries grow wild everywhere. So, they are free.

No comments: